So I have this friend. She got some crappy frames from the thrift store and had a brilliant idea on how to repurpose them. She thought she would invest in a few cans of spray paint and try to be artsy or something. Now this friend needs some feedback. (She said I was biased so my opinion didn't count. Go figure.) This friend is wondering if she has achieved a modern vintage feel, because she told me that's what she was going for, or if it just looks awkward. Is there something missing? Should she get more frames and make it more dramatic?
What do you think? Any feedback I get here I'll be sure to pass on to my friend.
This friend has a toddler that looks much like Emmy. However HER toddler is a famous tennis player (as shown by the outfit) and hates her picture taken. Not at ALL like my toddler.





11 comments:
very cute! love the green.
I like it and the colors..but it seems like there needs to be a touch more of something...but don't ask me what cause really...I suck at this type of stuff! Good idea though! She is on a roll.
To me it looks more modern than vintage. It does need something else. Sorry can't really say what.
What a coincidence that your 'friend' had frames exactly like the ones I saw in your garage! I like the open look. Creative. How would it look if you put an understated Victorian type wallpaper in the large frame, under the profile? Too much? Then leave it just like it is.
Ooh...I, er, I mean, my friend really likes the idea of a wallpaper behind it. That just might be the extra pop that it needs. Thanks for the tips!
You're a crazy lady! I like it, but I think you should find some funky green paper/wallpaper/something to put in the small frames. Even though I love 25 Main, empty frames are a little creepy.
I meant green/brown paper/wallpaper/something.
Hi, thx for stopping by my blog (Debz Talkin'). I would give pretty good odds for California Poppies to grow in Utah; they like heat and dry weather....just make sure they have lots of water when they are seeds and seedlings. They spread on their own and should come back each year if they decide your yard is where they want to live.
Deborah
I like it, but I also think it needs something else. But don't ask me I am terrible at stuff like that!
I agree with the paper behind the frames thing, and it needs something else above it or something. Definitely go with the green paper, it would be pretty awesome looking.
I think it looks nice but needs something . . . the empty frames distract me.
Good luck with the Poppies. We tried them here and they didn't take, but sounds like dry heat is good for them so you're in the right place!
Post a Comment