Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sucking

I suck at keeping plants alive.
I mean, really suck at it.
It's not hard, right?
Water, sunlight, some weeding.
I know the logic, but I still cannot do it.
I can keep my human child alive, and that's much more complicated than plants.
WHY can I not do this?!

I should post some pictures of the pathetic shrubs that we spent $100 on in our backyard, but it's too depressing for me. I feel like such a failure. I love plants and flowers and the great dynamic that they add to a home, but know I'm thinking about xeriscaping. Next up: cacti and rocks.

Is there something that you suck at?

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

OH Many, many things! I think the biggest thing that I suck at is...home decor! I have no idea what looks good or bad as a matter of fact. I get too impatient to measure things out perfectly and end up putting like 10 holes in the wall for one measly picture! Maybe it's not you sucking at keeping plants alive, maybe there are insects that are attacking them??? Good luck!

Talen and Amber said...

Plants I can do...I've got plenty of nice vines and bushes and grasses around my house, but you will not find a single flower. That's where my suckiness comes in. They take way too much attention that I am just not willing to give:)

The Johnson Family said...

Oh honey, I suck at SO many things! At the top of my list, only because I wish so badly that I was good at it...scrapbooking! Especially when I am related to someone like Sarah! Hello. Then there is home decor, I've seen your Mom's house. How is she my aunt and I can't seem to arrange anything. Then my favorite, for a lady with tons of hair...doing hair! Yep suck majorly. Aren't my 3 little girls SO lucky?
By the way, you deserve to suck with plants when you are so dang good at so many other things! Ha!

Boquinha said...

Athletics, being a morning person, being patient, craftsy stuff (though I'm fine with that), keeping up on things . . . man, this could get depressing . . . :P

Justin and Melissa said...

I suck at being a lot of things - don't want to write a novel of that though, I need a little self esteem when I am done. I definitely have a brown thumb though, can't keep plants alive worth my life either. There are worse things right?

Justin and Melissa said...

oh and hahahaha I just read your think about it thing on the side and are you sure you want to try cactus? It could be sad to find out if you are less nurturing than a desert

Emily said...

i killed all of our flowers 2 weeks ago when i sprayed weed killer on them, thinking it would only kill the weeds.

J Fo said...

Thanks guys. I'm feeling much better. I called the nursery today, (I know, Who does that? I do), and they said that the plants might just be in shock. Or at least not quite dead yet. Either way they said that they'd give me new ones no charge if they die within 3 months of purchase. There's still hope.

In order to not be a Debbie Downer, I think I should do a post about things that we are all good at...coming soon.