
I have started to browse around for some birthday and Christmas shopping for Emerson. Time and time again I keep coming back to my favorite stuff...Little People!
I just think that they are adorable! I don't know why. I know that there are probably better, more educational kids toys out there...but there is just something about these. Maybe I haven't looked around enough. I just think that they're solid, classy, non-breakable and sweet, but I think that I need to broaden my horizons.
Emmy already has an adorable school bus and train thanks to her AWESOME Foley grandparents, and she loves them. I'm thinking some more of these will be popping up at our house pretty soon.
What are your favorite kid toys for the toddler age?
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Love This Stuff!
Posted by J Fo at 10:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Yay! I love 'hints' at birthday & Christmas time!
Honestly, our favorite toys are also Little People toys. They make some fun movies for little kids too. Their toys and movies are just adorable and my kids never grow tired of them!
Lucy is getting a mini table and chairs set from Ikea. I think she will LOVE it. She is a mini mommy mabye a dolly bed too.
My boys were all about Little People and Thomas the Tank. Anything train made them happy.
I love little people too, but my kids don't really. I have a really fun zoo that they turn into a train (go figure) and Noah's ark that I play with more than they do. But they LOVE our little people nativity scene. I put it away with our christmas decorations so it's a "new" toy each Christmas and they LOVE it.
That is a great question cause I never know what to get Ellie and I am typically to cheap to buy anything anyways. My brother made Elliette a blocks set that has her name on them and I am making her a beanbag set that spells out her name also (I know they aren't educational but they have letters on them so I count them). One thing I love is a little vacuum my mom got her that sings the alphabet when they push it around.
ok this is long so I am done but this is good to know what fun toys there are out there so thanks for asking the question.
I love toys too! My little girl started carrying around those little Disney princesses at about Emerson's age and seriously had one in her hand at all times for about 3 years! She still loves those dolls but we can go places without them now :) I would highly recommend them. They are the little 3 inch dolls that come with plastic clothes.
Kate hasn't ever been a "girly girl" when it comes to play, so she's all about the books and stuffed animals and pretend stuff. We love Little People, too. Trains and train tracks are fun, too. Oh and the cooking sets! We couldn't ever bring ourselves to buy those little pretend kitchens because it's so fun to see how creatively they can make those out of regular stuff. But our kids have always played A LOT of restaurant!
Doug got Maggie the Little People Noah's Ark for her birthday day and she carries those animals around with her constantly! The male lion is her fav. :) It's great stuff. Do they make a dollhouse? That's what I really want to get her.
Okay, it occurred to me today! I knew there was something I was trying to remember. Mr. Potato Head. Toddlers LOVE playing with them and you can poke noses and arms in holes. Oh, it's so fun. That's our recommendation. :)
Stacy! You must have ESP! There's a sale at Toys R US (buy 2 get 1 free) an I JUST put a Mrs. Potato head in my cart! Seriously, like 5 minutes ago! This is CRAZY!
Great minds! You and me? We're like this (my two fingers are pointing at you, then me, then you, then me). :)
Post a Comment