What a great tag! You get to create your first album...or Record, for you older readers! ;)
Here is mine. Prepare yourselves to be impressed!
Thanks to Em for this fabulous idea!
1- Band Name: go to wikipedia, hit "random article." The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band. *** Mine was: Tokatee Klootchman.
2- Album Title: go to "random quotations" the last four or five words of the very last quote on the page is the title of your first album. ***Mine was: "like that of a sculpture." Cool, huh?
3- Cover Art: go to flickr and click on "explore the last seven days" third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
4-Use photoshop or Picasa to put it all together.
5-Create a mix of music that you think would go with the album. I was too lazy to make an actual list but you can use Playlist.com if you really want to do it.
I'm pretty sure that my album has something to do with an Irish flute and a cello, so I didn't think I could find much for it. Use your imaginations!
I will tag anyone who wants to do it, but I'll call out: Greg, Sarah, Darby, Dev, Stacy, Linds, Chelsey, Cassidy, & Alisha.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
My First Album
Posted by J Fo at 11:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
oh man i'm DYING about your picture and album title. this is the funniest tag ever! i went back to the random picture and the third one was a skateboarder, and the playlist was just too good to pass up if you have a picture of a skateboarder, so i did it again. SO FUN.
I wish I had your (and Emily's) skills so I could put together my album. I'll just have to describe it. It was a thing of beauty. My group name was 'Dad' and the name of the album was 'Because I Get Angry.' The picture was all in shades of grey: grey cloudy sky over a grey body of water with a tiny black rowboat off in the distance. I was like Dad got angry and was set adrift in his own little timeout.
I'm with Vivian. I don't know the Photoshop stuff. My cover is a picture of Yellow Oleanders and my band's name is Tiltmeter and the album's name is "Less Likely Than Others." I dig it.
I don't think I a computer savvy enough to put that together, was it hard?
It was super easy Dev. I just used Picasa (you can get it for free), and then edited the pictur by adding text. Easy as that. I think you could do it, and it's super fun to see what you come up with for it. Check out my SIL emily's blog. I stole the idea from her and she explains it way better...and with links! http://emilyssomething.blogspot.com/2009/02/my-first-album.html
Post a Comment