How big of a headache is it to buy a house?! For the last few months Greg and I have been looking and kind of just putting our feelers out there. We found a great property for a steal of a deal and decided it was time to buy. Yes, it's a great market for buyers right now, and, yes, we're getting a great deal, but oh man, it's stressful. Dealing with the lender and seller and plumber, oh my! (There's a problem with some 'quicksand' outside that we're glad we found prior to closing.) We think that we'll be closing on Monday, but you just never know. So I've been slowly packing and we've been looking for a fridge, but I HATE not having a concrete date. It really puts a damper on my Little-Miss-Plans-a-Lot preparations! We really are ecstatic about finally having a place of our own!
No over-hearing "happenings" in the bedroom above us.
No raisin or goldfish explosions in the walkway.
No needing stitches because of the crazy ice in the parking lot.
You get the point. We're ready to move on!
8 comments:
Congratulations!!! Sooo exciting! It is a headache though...we looked for a house for over a year and a half, and when we finally found our condo it was offer/counter-offer for WEEKS. such a relief to finally just close and be able to move in! Before we moved in we repainted and re-carpeted and that was so nice to have it done before moving in. Good luck with your closing, can't wait to see the new place!!
I'm so excited for you guys. Buying a house is lots of headaches...but they are totally worth it to have your own place. You will love it!! Are you buying a place in Cedar?
Congratulations, you guys! It's SO fun to own your own place and do whatever you want. You'll love it. But yes, the getting it can be soooooo stressful. And closing and signing all those papers! It can make you feel practically dizzy! Good luck navigating that! And pictures! We want pictures! Are you settling down in Cedar then?
Yep. Cedar it is for at least the next good while. We've really enjoyed it here and have great jobs. The next step is for Greg to get his CPA, and then we'll see where it goes from there.
Congratulations! Having your own place will be worth all of the hassles and headaches. Good luck with all of the closing and "stuff."
Jess!!! I'm so excited for you. I know what you mean by stressful yet exciting. You'll have to post pictures soon. I hope all the closing and final stuff goes well. Congrats!
Congrats on the house! Yeah, it is stressful but you will be glad not to be renting anymore.
I love Cedar, I am glad that you are joining the mortgage club. It stinks and its great!
Post a Comment