Monday, January 5, 2009

Word of the Year

I'm not much for resolutions so when I found this great post on Tip Junkie I thought that is was perfect for me. The idea is to pick just one word that sums up your goals or aspirations for 2009. I have a bit of a love for words, so it has been particularly difficult to pick just one, but I think that it's a good exercise. Be sure to check more of it out on "Talk to me Tuesday" over at the Tip Junkie website.



Some of the options that would be relevant but that I ultimately vetoed are: shop, eat, scheme, indulge, patience, debauch, euphoria, and many more. The word that finally chose was:

APPRECIATE

9 comments:

Jillo said...

I love this! I think my word would have to be simplify. You need to make one of those nifty wooden signs and hang it up where you can remember.

Boquinha said...

What a cool project! Mine might be "Authentic" (it doesn't have to be a verb, does it?) or "Integrity" -- something like that.

Renee said...

I believe in phrases - I am great with Talk to me Tuesday, Wonder on Wednesday, Forgot about it on Friday, Mellow out Monday, Super on Saturdays, Tenderness on Thursdays, or Service on Sunday.

Casseron said...

do hyphenated words count.
BATTLE-ROYALE

Tara Bennett said...

Great word! Best wishes for 09!

Emma said...

Great word! There is so much to appreciate in life if we only take the time to look.

AshEnds said...

My word would have to be "Dedicate". Adam says his is "Progress"

Vivian said...

My word (hope/resolution) for 2009 is Steadfast.

Autum said...

I think my word will be Remember.