I don't make new years resolutions but I thought I could at least try to post once in a while this year. So here goes the review of January. I finished my time at my first job out of college. For a variety of reasons I felt it was time for me to hit the bricks. I now commute to St. George but not to worry, we are still living in Cedar. There are a few things that that I've learned while taking the 45 minute drive. First, that Taylor Swift song about her being Juliet and some dude being Romeo is played way too often. And it seems as though she just threw a bunch of literary references together assuming none of her fans have read the books referenced. Why else would she talk about herself having a scarlet letter? Retarded. Second, just about anybody with vocal cords could be a DJ in southern Utah. Finally, if you actually want to listen to music you have the choice of country or classic rock. So I find myself turning off the radio and enjoying the transition of tree covered mountains of Cedar to the red rocks of St. George. Other than staying in St. George two nights a week and crappy radio programs, the commute is worth getting out of my old job.
With the new year brings the second half of the TV season. My regularly watched programs are as follows:
- Monday: Chuck, Heroes and Top Gear (found on BBC America)
- Tuesday: Fringe and Scrubs
- Wednesday: Life, Lost and Pushing Daisies (has it been cancelled yet?)
- Thursday: The Office and 30 Rock
- Friday: Psych (if you don't know about this you're missing out)
I'm getting over a case of shingles as you read this. I thought shingles were just an old wives tale. I don't think I've ever been more annoyed in my entire life. The itchiness is enough to drive you mad. And the random shooting pains caused my muscles to ache all day. I'm just glad the blisters didn't bleed considering the puss was flowing for the first week. Now I have little craters that look infected. I think the best part is knowing that there isn't much you can do other than wait it out.
It appears that Emmy is getting her teeth but still no hope for her hair. I know she's not the only baby that struggles to grow hair but it's starting to get ridiculous. Luckily this is the only set-back of her young life. I'm amazed at her ability to pick up on sign language. She is learning it faster than I can. This can be a problem if I'm left alone with her for long periods of time.
I'm a sucker for decent marketing in the beverage industry. The other day I payed for A&W Root Beer Float soda. I'm not a huge fan of root beer or root beer floats but I'm convinced that soda in a glass bottle trumps all other methods of distributing carbonation. Anywho... Because A&W put this beverage in a bottle I figured it must be good. Two sips into this concoction I thought my teeth were going to rot instantly. Super sweet and super disgusting. In case you're wondering the correct order of soda distribution for maximum flavor potential is as follows: glass bottle, fountain, can (do not pour in a cup, why would you do that?), two liter (this one you can pour in a cup of ice or a glass mug that has been properly stored in the freezer), and finally a plastic bottle.
The Warrior highlights are on after the commercial break so it's time to go.
9 comments:
Oooh, I could get used to posts like this. I love Foltron posts and comments! But what, no love for Amazing Race?
And I agree about the container food chain. Plastics are evil.
What a pleasant surprise!
We've discussed the poorly written lyrics of the Swift song and I thought that we decided to give her a break since she's only 17 and probably doesn't know the connotations of "the scarlett letter." No? Okay. That song drives me crazy!
That A&W stuff was NASTY! ugh.
I'm glad that you're hanging in there with the commute. It's totally worth it for me to have a happy husband come home at the end of the night!
Stacy, I'm more of the Amazing Race fan. But I'm not very devoted. I'll watch it if it's on, but otherwise I forget.
you should try espn radio 1210am. although with football season over there's not much to care about in the sports world for a few more months. come kill zombies
I've complained to Dave about that Taylor Swift song myself--it just doesn't make sense. And just yesterday he complained that it is played way too often. You must be related.
If I make a rootbeer float I always use a teeny amount of rootbeer because the stuff that's left with the melty ice cream is nasty. I would never in a million years buy that soda. Yuck.
hehe...Greg you make me laugh :)
I am intrigued about the new job... I had to call Megan to find out about Jessica's new job - only to realize that Voltron wrote this post - so I feel like and IDIOT! I liked all the information though. And, I do agree with the pop heirarchy.
One of the main reasons i love root beer floats is because i know that the stuff with the melty ice cream is going to be there to say a pleasant goodbye.
this is Dave, not Emily. Pushing Daisies has been canceled. They finished filming the entire 2nd season but I haven't heard if they will all air. I'm glad that I'm not the only Chuck fan out there. Have you tried the show Reaper? It's set to return on the CW on March 17 and worth a viewing.
I think I have heard of that show. Is the main character a younger guy who has bounced around from show to show?
Post a Comment