Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday = Friday for me!!

So tonight I'm playing catch up...
I LOVE Thursday because I don't have to work on Friday and it gives me a chance to stay up late knowing that I don't have to wake up at 6 the next day.
I love that I have a job that gives me a 3 day weekend EVERY week!
Although it does seem as though my Fridays are even busier than the rest of the week because it's my big day to clean, do laundry, and run errands.
I absolutely cherish getting to spend the entire day with Emerson and going to lunch with Daddy!


Today I got a delightful surprise.
My friend Megan found a a great deal at a local day spa - $10 for a 25 min professional massage!
How can you say no to that?
On Monday I played competitive volleyball for the first time in about a year...and I'm feeling it big time!
So the massage couldn't have come at a better time.
Even though I may have a bruise from where she 'worked' on knot in my back.
It hurt so good. ;)

We have been having a great time lately with the house.
It's finally starting to feel like home and there are no boxes left! (Except for the in the garage, but that doesn't count, right?)
We've been having fun 'acting ' like grown ups and taking care of the yard and doing projects on Saturdays.
Our burst pipe issue has been resolved, and luckily it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
But we do have a patch of mud in the yard now.
Maybe we'll just add rock and make it a xeroscape area?


Emmy has been HILARIOUS lately!
She is almost 10 months and is all over the place.
The stairs are her new favorite toy.
A gate is my new favorite toy.
The other day I was vacuuming and Emmy was fascinated/scared/delighted with it...
She couldn't make up her mind so I decided to pull out the camera and torture her with the vacuum.
Feel free to watch without the volume (please) because I am giggling like a little school girl.

She has just been such a delight to be around.

I love just sitting back and seeing things click with her.

She loves to play with her daddy when he gets home from work.

Yesterday he found a trick that got her giggling like a little school girl.

I swear, that sound is a little piece of heaven on earth!

8 comments:

Emily said...

she's hilarious! I love her little laugh!

I had a massage once that I ended up with bruises with. There's this one place in my back that's always sore, and the masseuse was digging her fingers in for like 15 minutes. it hurt SO BAD and I seriously had bruises the next day.

Lindsay said...

Emmy is so cute. Her laugh is awesome. I think that she has a special place in Scott's heart when he held her at graduation (and she cried when I held her) and she was comfortable with him.

I love getting massages, but my first one ever, I didn't know that I was supposed to strip down to the buck and felt a little uneasy. I especially felt a little "exposed" when all of the sudden my butt cheek was outside of the sheet and he was rubbing it. My eyes explained everything...I was face down in that little hole on the bed and as soon as he started kneading the bum, my mouth dropped open and eyes almost popped outta the head.
Overall it was great, I just have learned that i need to tell the massage person that I do not need the buttox rubbed! Sorry, as Vivian would say...TMI TMI. :) TOtally was!

Jenny said...

Those videos are so great! I love the vacuum one. She is so funny! Her laugh is adorable. The older they get the more fun they are I swear! It just gets better and better. :)

Vivian said...

What a cutie. The clips put in mind Alma's 'exceedingly exquisite pain and exceedingly exquisite joy' phrase. Love her laugh.

Lindsay, you know me already! You beat me to the 'TMI.' :)

Gary Foley said...

What a cute little girl. I too love her laugh. When Emmy gets old enough to help out with housework, don't be too surprised if she declines to do the vacuming.

Boquinha said...

That's just mean! :P Poor thing jumps and then laughs nervously--hilarious to see her try to work out what she thinks of the noisy machine. She's SO CUTE! I love hearing her laugh. It brings back memories.

Boquinha said...

Oops, posted too quickly. Meant to say . . . "It brings back memories of our kids at that age." So fun!

Stacy said...

What a sweet baby girl you have! I loved watching her with the vacuum, so funny!