Monday, July 28, 2008

Emmy's Top 10

HAPPY 8 MONTH BIRTHDAY, EMMY!!!

This sweet girl has been such a blast to have in our home. What an amazing journey Greg and I have been on with becoming parents to our little Emerson Rose. She has such a fun personality. I thought that I would make a "Top 10 List" of things the I LOVE about her.

1-Her beautiful and expressive dark brown eyes. (I mean, seriously, look at those pictures!)

2-How her "happy gauge" is how much she kicks her legs. It's kind of like when a dog wags its tail.

3-When she smiles and coos when I get her out of her crib. And how she talks to herself in her crib and pretty much all the time.

4-How, even though she's not crawling yet, she manages to make it over to my bookshelf and take the same book off every time. (Love of books must be in her blood!)

5-How she plays Guitar Hero with her daddy.

6-How she loves to eat...everything. She has never not liked something that I have given her. Now that girl has a healthy appetite!

7-How she pats everything. She pats her toys, her daddy's face, me when I'm nursing her, and my back when I'm burping her.

8-Her belly laugh. I swear it's the fountain of youth to hear that sweet noise!

9-How she puts her Binky in her mouth sideways and then smiles at you. (Refer to the collage.) It kind of looks like a Joker.

10-Most of all I love how she makes me feel. She makes me feel important, valued, loved and a little closer to heaven in those quiet peaceful moments with her.

7 comments:

Boquinha said...

Even though we haven't met Emerson yet, we love her!! I can't tell you enough how much she sounds like our sweet baby Kate! Lots of sweetness with a big dash of spunk! Even these mannerisms and the dark brown eyes . . . she's so much like her cousin Kate! Happy 8 month birthday, Emmy!

The Johnson Family said...

Jess, that was so sweet. Motherhood is absolutely the greatest privledge in the world. I wouldn't trade it for anything, its way too rewarding!

Jillo said...

Cute new blog, cute family picture and very cute baby! I can't believe eight months has flown by, can you? I love her brown eyes too. You gotta love a brown eyed girl. I kinda hoped we would get one kiddo with brown eyes, but they are all various shades of blue and green.

Emily said...

What a sweet post, she really is cute!

Chiquita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

I just love that little girl! I sure will miss all of you but know you will take good care of my Joshua while I'm gone!

Miss me terribly!

Jenny said...

So cute! We love Emerson! I think I told you how my boys did the "patting" thing too and it was one of my favorite things :)
PS. I loved the Other Boleyn Girl- I usually don't like historical fiction but it was awesome. The movie doesn't do it justice- SO much was left out. Let me know what you think :)