So last week, by some fluke, we got all of the original Cook kids, sans spouses, together for a yummy dinner.
Calvin had promised mom a 'mystery' dinner cooked by him whenever she wanted. So she cashed in on that on Sunday, but Calvin's lovely wife Chelsey got sick and couldn't help him. I stepped in and Calvie and I made meatball subs. (Don't think that the irony of the Subway family eating subs is lost on me!) It wasn't until we were all sitting down to eat that we realized we were pretty much in our 'normal spots' at the table and that it was the original cast. (Plus one extra high chair.) Naturally, Mom got a little teary and Dad got out the camera! Here are the results:
/>
I'm so grateful to have parents and siblings who I can also call my friends. Love you guys!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
The Originals
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
So fun to see pictures of the whole family!! You guys all look great. I miss The Cook family!!
I just got all emotional! You guys are GREAT! What a wonderful family you have...I just love it! Tell your Mom and Dad & everyone else that I love them and miss them!
I want my family to do this sometime. How fun!
So where was this event held and where were the spouses?
Sarah and I were up there for our girl's weekend, so we left the boys behind. Calvin's wife happened to be sick, and Evan's wife was visiting her family in Idaho. It was a fluke, but it was fun! We were in my parent's backyard. They just finished it this summer.
Hey, I know 5 of the 7 people in that top picture! Where's Corky?
Corky was not technically an original...plus he wouldn't hold still!
Post a Comment